Welcome to the October edition of the Healthy Living Newsletter for MetroHealth Select members! This month, we bring you some healthy living tips, ways to access MetroHealth services and locations, and a recipe for tasty, healthy minestrone soup.
Healthy Start: Do You Have a PCP?
What really is a PCP? A PCP or primary care physician is a MetroHealth physician who is your first contact for health care. Your PCP will listen to you, examine you and consider your symptoms to address any health concerns or issues. He/she will formulate a plan and course of action to either diagnose you directly or coordinate diagnostic tests or procedures with other physician specialists to help in forming a diagnosis. A PCP is not limited by specialty, organ system, cause of concern or diagnosis; therefore, a PCP is known as a generalist, taking care of you in a holistic, general fashion.
Your PCP’s goal is to keep you healthy, and he/she may recommend preventive tests or services to ensure your optimal health.
Now, back to the question: do you have a PCP? If not, contact us today and we’ll be happy to assist you with establishing you or family members with a new PCP. Our PCPs see patients at our health centers and main campus.
Need an Appointment? Have a Question? Your options for access are as Easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Select Connect Line at 216-778-8818
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Schedule an appointment or send a message to a provider through your MyChart account
What’s New in MyChart?
• Schedule primary care appointments
• Medical records requests
• Self-scheduling of tests
• Bill pay
• Mobile app – updated
• Proxy access for children
Five New Pharmacy Features
1. Call the Service Excellence Team at 216-957-MEDS (6337)
2. Access our easy-to-use website at metrohealth.org/pharmacy
3. Visit five convenient locations, including Broadway (new!), Buckeye, Main Campus, Middleburg Heights (new) and Old Brooklyn.
4. Try Home Delivery Service for maintenance medications. Have your medications mailed directly to your home, free of charge. Simply ask your provider for a 90-day prescription, complete the online form and mail it in.
5. Refill your prescriptions online and on-the-go, by accessing our refill website and a mobile app.
NOTE: You must have a MetroHealth provider to use these refill services.
Healthier Soup Recipe: Minestrone
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 small zucchini, cubed
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1/2 pound frozen green beans
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 2 medium carrots, chopped
• 1 Tbsp basil
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 8 cups water
• 2 potatoes, cubed
• 1 cup canned white navy beans
• 4 tomatoes, cubed
• 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked
Heat oil in a large, heavy pan. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté the vegetables until the onion is transparent. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, black pepper, basil, and water. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add the white beans and the pasta. Add more water if soup is too thick. Heat and serve. Makes 8 servings.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Carbohydrate: 24 g
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 174 mg
New Locations and Services
If you have any questions, please contact us at 216-778-8818